Looking After Your Dog's Anal Glands•
Posted on February 09 2017
What causes Anal Gland issues?
- Loose stools – your pet needs a firm stool to enable the glands to be emptied fully.
- Allergies – these can cause the pet to be itchy and constant licking or scooting can cause an infection.
- Constipation – if your pet is passing too hard of a stool then this can stop the glands from emptying fully.
- Overfeeding – this can cause too much waste to build up in the system.
- Obesity – lack of muscle tone and too much body fat can cause the pet not to be able to empty the glands fully
- Food Intolerance – this can cause looser stools which in turn doesn’t enable the glands to empty.